Monday, February 6, 2012

March 16th

Where did January go? Apparently, it came and vanished with the remaining months of 2012 still bursting with full anticipation. This year is going to be good, people. 

Now in my last quarter of PA school before rotations, I am blown away by how much I've learned in the past year. I've never felt so certain of what I'm supposed to be doing in life-- this is it. It's one of those moments in my life where it feels as if everything is coming together, and I cannot contain this joy and excitement. Surely, my life has not always felt this way. I've been in the valley. Lost. Confused. Uncertain of the future. The angst and confusion of those times are not foreign to me at all. And so I can't help from shouting now that I'm out of that valley.  However long this "high" lasts... you can count on me shouting praise ;-)

March 16th is Match Day-- the day we open an envelope that tells us where we're going next. Honestly, I don't know if I have ever been this excited about ONE DAY. Yes, our wedding day was big...but this feels big in a different way. It's knowing that together we've built a dream, set goals to work towards it, encouraged each other through the crap, and seen God at work in incredible ways. This envelope is the next big step. And. The. Anticipation. Is. Killing. Me. (I may or may not have a countdown ticker)

I'm feeling kind of like this kid right here...

Whether you're in a valley or high point right now, I hope you can find a moment in the day to rejoice and anticipate something good.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, and that photo just tickles me silly.
    Excited for you guys!
    - Jodi

    ReplyDelete