I've always loved Fridays, but Fridays are even better when you have a happy husband come home ecstatic about his day. He found out today that he kicked butt on his pediatric rotation, increasing his chances of going into that field. I am so proud of him, and he doesn't stop amazing me.
Now: time to make cucumber sandwiches and pack the wine, cheese, hummus, and fruit for an evening at the park :) Cold War Kids is playing at Forsyth Park tonight... making this Friday quite spectacular!
Sounds like a fun evening! I've never heard of cucumber sandwiches...what do you put with it?
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you've never heard of cucumber sandwiches before! Maybe it's a Southern thing? It's really simple. First, make a cream cheese spread: package of cream cheese + 2-3 Tbs herbs (traditionally, dill is used) + scallions. Spread cream cheese on break. Peel and thinly slice a cucumber. Lay cucumber slices over cream cheese. And enjoy! You can eat them open-face, or as a double-sided sandwich. So yummy on a hot day!
ReplyDeletebread* not break
ReplyDelete