Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm still alive!


Let's pretend that Halloween wasn't the last time I posted...

Goodness. Life has been full speed since then! So here's a quick summary of Nov-Jan in photos:

It was such a special treat over Thanksgiving to see Cirque du Soleil, "Ovo". Amazing production!


I was actually up in ATL for the majority of December performing in Holiday Ice Spectacular. While it was a good experience (I got to learn a few tricks on ice and stay in a fancy hotel)... it would have been a lot more enjoyable had I not had the flu for most of the run. Note: it's a horrible feeling to stand under a spotlight while your body is fighting cold sweats...

But still, I'm very thankful for the opportunity.


Being near family was another benefit to being in the show. Especially loved spending a weekend with my nephew and mom.

James had his first snow on Christmas Day! He saw the snowflakes falling from the sky and responded, "uh oh!" Haha.

That's my handsome husband :)

We celebrated New Year's back down in Savannah with friends.

Celebrated our 2nd Anniversary!

And somewhere in there I started PA school...

I am loving PA school. Being 5 weeks into it, I still stop myself and ask, "I really got into PA school? Is this really happening?" The school has been so supportive, and I have been very impressed by their faculty and staff. This quarter has started off slower than I expected... but then again, I'm not complaining. I'm sure things will pick up, and I'll be gasping for breath pretty soon.

Blake is now halfway through his 3rd year and looking forward to 4th year. He kicked butt on his Internal Med shelf exam, and he's now in his Family Med rotation. This next year will bring some big decisions with it-- what field to go into, where we'll be living, etc. Here's a rough timeline:
Aug-Nov: he will need to decide on a specialty, apply to residency programs, and take the STEP II board exam
Nov-March: residency interviews, and he'll be traveling a lot during this time
Feb or March: "Match Day"..... this is a HUGE day because it's when you find out what residency you have been accepted to, where you'll be going, etc.

March-April: start making plans to move wherever he gets in, and I'll start setting up my clinical rotations

May: Blake becomes an MD!!!

... and our adventure will continue from there!

Hopefully, it's not Halloween until the next time I update... but I can't make any promises ;-)



1 comment:

  1. Juli~I check your blog every so often...but, was beginning to wonder if you had ditched it forever. :-) It was fun to check this a.m. and see all the new updates!

    ReplyDelete