Monday, August 23, 2010

from an island... to downtown

In the midst of a busy summer we also moved!

It's fun to say that we started off our married life living on an island with a palm tree outside of our bedroom window, but for the past year we have both been itching to move downtown. We now live right in the heart of downtown, and we're absolutely loving it!

There's actually a funny story to it. You see... I found the place, negotiated, and signed the contract before Blake even saw it. Blake was on an away-rotation for 6 weeks when I found this little treasure and, afraid that someone else would snatch it, I called him and asked what his thoughts were.

Me: "I just don't think it's still going to be here when you come back. I don't know what to do."
Blake: "You like it?"
Me: "Yes! It's perfect!"
Blake: "Ok. Well, I trust you. If you think it will work go for it!"

So I signed my name on the dotted line :)

Rest assure, he liked the place once he finally got to see it.

My favorite part about living downtown is that you can walk/bike just about anywhere. We're a block from a farmer's market, 5 blocks from one of my favorite coffee shops, 3 blocks from a local bakery, just blocks from many beautiful parks. I love, love, love it!

More photos to come once everything is more settled...


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this place! It's fantastic! There's something about a historic place like this, the history and the charm - I always wonder what different things have taken place within them. When Zac and I buy a house, I really hope it's one of those adorable historic craftsman bungalows (drool). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks charming, Juli...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete